Monday newsletter published by Data Science Central. Previous editions can be found here. The contribution flagged with a + is our selection for the picture of the week. To subscribe, follow this link.
- Villanova University’s Online Master of Science in Analytics (MSA) program offers targeted training in the business applications of big data technology and science. The 36-credit degree can be completed in as few as 20 months. Learn More Here.
- Pramp – Free peer-to-peer data science interview practice. Simulate the experience of a live data science interview by being interviewed by a fellow data scientist in a no-risk environment. Practicing on Pramp will also help you sharpen your problem solving, communication, and quantitative skills. Sign up for free.
Featured Resources and Technical Contributions
- New Perspectives on Statistical Distributions and Deep Learning +
- Python machine learning libraries
- Can you be a Data Scientist without coding?
- Visualizing New York City WiFi Access with K-Means Clustering
- Tutorial: Statistical Tests of Hypothesis
- Image Recognition with Keras: Convolutional Neural Networks
- Math You Don’t Need to Know for Machine Learning
- Top takeaways from R Studio conf 2019
- How to Configure the Number of Layers and Nodes in a Neural Network
Featured Articles and Forum Questions
- How to Stabilize Data Systems, to Avoid Decay in Model Performance
- Should you Add your Coursera, Udacity, or DataCamp Training to your Resume?
- Should CEOs Learn To Code? Yes!
- Top 7 Data Science Use Cases in Travel
- From Optimization to Prescriptive Analytics
- How Big Data and Education Can Work Together to Help Students Thrive
- Data Anonymisation Software – Static vs Interactive
- Question: Will humans become to AI what dogs are to humans now?
- And Monty Hall Went Bayesian…
Picture of the Week
Source for picture: contribution marked with a +
From our Sponsors
- Don’t Do Analysis in a Vacuum
- How to Democratize AI
- Data Prep Research Kit
- Patterns for Successful Data Science Projects – March 14
- Advanced Mapping with Tableau – March 13
- Learn #ML Coding Basics in a weekend – a new approach to coding for #AI
- Free Book: Applied Stochastic Processes (members only)
- New Book: Enterprise AI – An Applications Perspective (members only)